Manufacturer,Supplier & Seller of Flexible Ball Style Hone series:
Flexible honing tool,Flexible honing brush,Flexible hone;
Flexible ball-style hones,Flexible ball-style honing tool brushes;
(Engine,Brake) cylinder honing tool brushes,Ball-style cylinder hones;
Flexible cylinder honing tools,Cylinder flex hones;
Flexible ball type hone brush,Brush series ball,Bore honing tools;
A/O,S/C & diamond honing stones,Cross-hole deburring tool;
Standard-duty & heavy-duty silicon carbide flexible hone;
Flexible ball style hone for surface deburring & finishing of cylinder bores,oil and gas pipe,nuclear water pipe,metal (stainless steel,iron,aluminium) tubing, Forcing cone hones.
Flexible honing tools for rotors,Flexible honing brushes for rotors,Rotor hones.
The Flexihone Tool is a resilient, flexible honing brush used to improve the internal surface finish of a bore or cylinder.A compliant honing tool for brushing cylindrical surfaces.
Typical Applications Include:
（1）Air Compressors Bores (2) Compressed Air Tool Bodies (3) Hydraulic Ram Cylinders (4) Brake Cylinders (Wheel) (5) Hydraulic Valve Bodies & Valve Guides (6) Clutch and Brake Master Cylinders (7) Hydraulic Motor Bodies (8) Finishing of Stainless Steel Tubing (9) Pneumatic Cylinders (10) Brake Rotors (11) Surface finishing of Boiler Components (12)Engine Cylinders Bores and Block Liners.
Application specially size for Firearms/Revolvers (Pistols ,Handgun Cylinder) / Rifles’ Chamber / Shotgun Barrels/Painball Guns.Standard-duty Silicon Carbide flexible hones use on valve bodies,valve guides,lifter bores,brake cylinders,small engines,tubing and pneumatic cylinders.
Apwell has engineered and manufactured these Flexible Honing Tools to be competitive with similar products in the market. Apwell's products consistently create an ideal edge break, which is smooth and free of deformed metal. The Flexible Honing Tools are ideal in both automatic and off hand applications.
Flexible Honing Tools have round, abrasive beads fastened to the ends of flexible filaments. This self centering tool will conform to the bore surface providing a consistent, even surface finish over the life of the tool. The Flexible Honing Tool will even provide an "edge break" not possible with conventional honing stones.
1. Sturdy, self-centering stem.
2. Flexible filaments are engineered to provide the correct pressure to create an ideal hone - bore after bore.
3. Rigid abrasive media is firmly attached to the end of the flexible filaments making the tool excellent for tough cross-hole deburring and edge radiusing applications.
4. Fill Material:Silicon Carbide or Aluminum Oxide,different grit choice，such as 60,120,180,240,320,600,800,1000…
1. Brush diameters ranging from 5mm to 280mm,Round brush(PW556) diameter is 64mm & 76mm.
2. Brush length ranging from 50mm to 300mm.
3. Stem diameters ranging from 1.8mm to 10mm.
4. Overall length ranging from 100mm to 500mm.
1. Engine bores
2. Pneumatic and hydraulic bores
3. Valve and pump housings
5. Connecting rods
6. Cam bores
7. Crank bores
8. Valve bores
9. Hydraulic cylinders
10. Stainless steel tubing
2. Creating cross hatched surface pattern for oil retention
3. Cylinder port area deburring
4. Eliminating inside flashing
1. Choose the Flexible Honing Tool for your specific hole size. The actual Flexible Honing Tool will be approx 10% larger than the hole size.
2. Use 10-30 weight oil for honing lubrication, when honing hydraulic brake cylinders, use hydraulic brake fluid as a honing lubricant.
3. Have the Flexible Honing Tool rotating upon entry and removal from the bore.
4. Recommended RPM range for the Flexible Honing Tool is 50 to 100 RPM, based on the brush diameter. Air Tools are not recommended.
5. Use 30-40 strokes per minute depending on the RPM. Final stroking may be accelerated to develop a 45 degree cross-hatch angle.
6. Honing time should be approximately 20/45 seconds per bore.
7. Do not use solvents for honing or cleaning.
8. Clean cylinders after honing with warm or hot water and detergent using an plain nylon brush, and then lightly oil the bore.